- Beaver Men Unbeaten in Four, Tie Falcons 2-2 Saturday Night
- Beaver Men’s Hockey Gameday – Game 26 – January 31, 2015 – vs Bowling Green
- Mens Hockey Winning Streak at Three, Beats Falcons 5-2
- Beaver Men’s Hockey Gameday – Game 25 – January 31, 2015 – vs Bowling Green
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Mike Bitzer – Mens Hockey
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Ciscely Nelson – Womens Hockey
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Sara Melom – Track
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Kaylor Zimmerman – Mens Basketball
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Anna Buck – Tennis
- VIDEO – Beaver Fever Friday – Allison Cordes – Womens Basketball
Playoff Field Set in Basketball
- Updated: February 23, 2013
The brackets are set for both the men’s and women’s basketball Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference/Sanford Health Basketball Tournaments, set to begin Feb. 27. The men’s team will host Wayne State College at 7 p.m. Wednesday at BSU Gymnasium, while the women travel to Minnesota State University, Mankato for a 6 p.m. tilt.
The 16-team NSIC/Sanford Health Basketball Tournament will be played on Feb. 27 (first round) and March 2 (quarterfinals) on campus sites at the higher seed. The semifinals and championship will be March 8-9 at Taylor Arena in Rochester, Minn.
The men’s team’s 75-71 victory Saturday against No. 22 St. Cloud State University improved the Beavers to 15-11 overall and 13-9 in league play to finish the conference season third in the NSIC North. The win secured the No. 3 seed in the NSIC North and pits BSU against the No. 6 seed of the NSIC South, the Wildcats.
The Beaver women went 11-15 overall and 7-15 in league play, to finish seventh in the NSIC North and will travel to Mankato, Minn. Feb. 27 to play Minnesota State in the first round of the NSIC/Sanford Health Women’s Basketball Tournament at 6 p.m. at Taylor Center. BSU will be the No. 7 seed out of the NSIC North and will battle MSU, who holds the No. 2 spot in the NSIC South.
The men’s team made the playoffs last season as the No. 1 seed in the tournament. BSU hosted Wayne State in the first round last season and won 57-53 to move on to Rochester, Minn. to play Minnesota State University Moorhead in the semifinals. The Beavers fell 73-64 to the Dragons. The last time the BSU women’s team played in the tournament was 2007-08. The Beavers lost to University of Mary on the road 80-78.
The men’s game can be viewed in the Bemidji area on KBSU Ch. 17 or online at http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal#. Mark Ricci of the Beaver Radio Network will broadcast the contest on 92.1 FM The River and online at www.beaverradionetwork.com.
The women’s game can be viewed online at http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/bsu.portal# and Brian Schultz of the Beaver Radio Network will broadcast the contest on 1360 AM KKBJ and online at www.beaverradionetwork.com.