Bemidji State University men’s basketball will host Minnesota State University Moorhead and Northern State University to close out their regular season series Jan. 10-11 at BSU Gymnasium.
The Beavers open the weekend at 7:30 p.m. on Friday against the Dragons.
The Series vs. MSU Moorhead
- MSU Moorhead leads the all-time series against Bemidji State, 99-86.
- The Beavers won the first meeting against the Dragons this season, 79-67. BSU shot 51.8 percent from the field and held MSUM to 37.5 percent shooting while also outscoring the Dragons in the paint, 44-24. Bemidji State also turned 14 MSUM turnovers into 19 points.
- Senior guard Ja Morgan led BSU in scoring with 21 points while playing all 40 minutes. He went 8-of-14 from the field and added four assists, three rebounds, two steals and one block. Junior guard Nick Wagner followed in scoring with 18 points on 7-of-15 shooting.
- The Beavers are going for just the second season sweep of the Dragons since the 2003-04 season after taking a season sweep in 2015-16. The last season split came during the 2013-14 season.
- The series began Feb. 17, 1928, a 33-22 win by MSU Moorhead. Bemidji State has faced MSU Moorhead more than any opponent in program history at 184 games.
1-10-20 Mike Boschee 1-10-20 Mike Boschee.mp3
1st Half 01-10-20_mbb 1H.mp3