The Bemidji State women lost 72-65 to Minot State last night in the BSU Gymnasium. Sophomore Trinity Myer had 17 points, 6 rebounds and 4 steals, to lead BSU in those categories. Junior Sydney Zerr added 14 points. Junior Brooklyn Bachmann scored 11, and led the team in rebounds with 6. Freshman Rachael Heittola chipped in 10 points off the bench.
BSU wraps up the weekend with a 3:30 p.m. tipoff Saturday vs the Mary Marauders. Mary beat UM Crookston 77-73 last night. The Beavers enter the contest (7-10, 4-9), while the Marauders are (13-9, 7-6).
The Series vs UMary
- UMary leads the all-time series against Bemidji State, 21-5.
- The Beavers split the 2018-19 season series with the Marauders, including a 77-66 win in Bismarck, N.D., on Jan. 26, 2019 to snap a seven-game losing streak to UMary.
- BSU outscored UMary in the paint over its two games last season, 68-44.
- Myer also led BSU in scoring against UMary with 16.5 points per game. She scored a previous career-high 20 points, including nine free throws, and added five rebounds, five assists, and three steals. Junior center Taylor Bray averaged 14.0 points per game, including 17 in BSU’s loss. Bachmann recorded a season-high 19 points on 8-of-14 shooting from the field in the Beavers’ win over the Marauders.
- The series began Nov. 30, 1984, an 80-75 win by BSU in Bismarck.