Bemidji State hosts Oak Hills Christian and Minnesota Morris for home opener
The Bemidji State University Men’s Basketball team will host Oak Hills Christian College in their 2022-23 home opener at 6 p.m. in the BSU Gymnasium. The following day the Beavers (2-1) will host University of Minnesota, Morris also at 6 p.m.
The Series vs Oak Hills Christian
· Bemidji State leads the all-time series against Oak Hills Christian, 2-0.
· The Beavers and Wolfpack last met Nov. 12, 2018, with a 103-63 win by BSU in Bemidji, Minn.
· Bemidji State leads the series 2-0 when hosting Oak Hills Christian
· BSU and OHCC first met Nov. 20, 2017, a 115-50 win by BSU.
The Series vs Minnesota Morris
· Bemidji State leads the all-time series against Minnesota Morris, 8-1.
· The Beavers and Cougars last met Nov. 25, 2014, with an 89-67 win by BSU in Bemidji, Minn.
· Bemidji State leads the 4-1 when hosting Minnesota Morris
· BSU and UMM first met Jan. 7, 2000, a 93-76 win by BSU.
BSU hosts their first game of the season coming off a 76-77 loss to Concordia University-St. Paul, Tuesday. The Beavers are 10-1 in home openers under head coach Mike Boschee
In the first three games, BSU has shot 48.1% from the field. Leading the scoring for the Beavers is junior John Sutherland with 49 points after putting up 23 against CSP. Dalton Albrecht and Sutherland have both put-up double-digit points in each game in the early season.
Bemidji State managed to hold CSP to only four second-chance points while scoring 22 against the Golden Bears. The Beavers grabbed 41 rebounds with RJ Smith leading the team with nine. Smith now leads the team with 25 and is seventh in the NSIC.
Mohamed Kone is leading the Beavers and NSIC in assists racking up 16 through three games.
Bemidji State after three games is third in the NSIC in scoring offense and 13th in defense. BSU is fourth in field goal percentage offense (.481) and first in 3-point field goal percentage (.432). The Beavers are 12th in turnovers but are third in assist to turnover ratio.